Posted On: May 23, 2016
Posted By: Toni McKee
May 21st was an exciting night as the Camels crushed out some personal best performances at the KHSAA Region 5 AAA Championships!
The Lady Camels entered the meet with momentum toward our season long goal of winning the regional championship. Each Lady Camel performed even better than predicted and we pulled in points in 15 of 18 events, a great spread that shows the depth and talent of this young team. While Ryle may have edged us out of first, the Lady Camels made runner-up look easy and beat the 3rd place team by 30 points.
- Becca Cline in the 100m Hurdles and 300 meter hurdles, both season best times STATE QUALIFIER
- Gracie Florimonte- 1600 meter run STATE QUALIFIER
- Kayla Kavanaugh- 800 Meter Run- STATE QUALIFIER
- 4×800 of Florimonte, Reagor, Kavanaugh, and Franzen- STATE QUALIFIER
- 4×200 meter relay- Orth, Lauer, Carrigan, Donoghue
- Gracie Florimonte- 3200 M run- STATE QUALIFIER
- Sidney Reagor- 1600 meter run, 3200 meter run STATE QUALIFIER in BOTH
- 4×400 meter Relay- Rust, Carrigan, Cline, KAvanaugh- STATE QUALIFIER
- Brittany Rust- High Jump (STATE QUALIFIER) and 300 meter Hurdles STATE QUALIFIER
- Kaitlyn Donoghue- Long Jump
- Olivia Cassinelli- Discus STATE QUALIFIER
- Christina Marlow- Shot
- Becca Cline: 200 meter dash
- Kayla Kavanaugh- 400 meter dash
- Olivia Cassinelli- Pole Vault
- Kaylee Johnson- shot put, Discus ( STATE QUALIFIER in disc)
- Laney Weinberg- STATE QUALIFIER!
In the boys’ quest for Regional hardware, they pulled in a 7th place finish with 33 points in one of the tightest regions in the state. There were many season bests performances as well, as the young Camels show that they are poised to be a strong contender next year!
Camels Earning points and hardware include:
- Shawn McGrath- Pole Vault State Qualifier
- Parker Younse- 400 meter dash- State Qualifier
- Dalton Bates- Triple Jump- STATE QUALIFIER
- 4×800- McGrath, Rauch, Slone, Younse STATE QUALIFIER!
- 4×200: Weimer, Froelicher, Kersee, Lacy
- 4×400: McGrath, Younse, Froelicher, Lacy
- Derek Groneck- Shot put
- Shawn McGrath- 800 meter run
Track and Field
Toni is the Cross Country and girls Track & Field coach.
Connect with Toni at firstname.lastname@example.org