Scott Classic Championship Recap
Posted On May 13, 2016 | By Toni McKee
Last night was a bit dicey and wet with rain for the Running Camels, but we fought through, got stronger, faced adversity, and came away with the Scott Classic Championship trophy. It was a total team effort with points scored in nearly every event. Being this strong at this time of year shows we are THE Perfect Storm going in Regional competition, ready to blow through with a victory!
- Becca Cline made a clean sweep of the 100 and 300 meter hurdles with a PR in the 300s, as well as a 2nd place finish in the 200 meter dash.
- Gracie Florimonte: went the distance and swept the 1600 and 3200 meter runs
- Kayla Kavanaugh continued her push in the 800 with a 2nd place finish, and Sidney Regor was 3rd in the 3200 meter run.
- Lainey Weinberg jumped to second in the high jump while The 4×200 of Orth, Carrigan, Lauer, and Donoghue took 3rd
- And the 4×800 meter relay of Reagor, Florimonte, Franzen, and Kavanaugh placed 2nd
The boys team pulled in a 6th place finish out of over 20 teams, With Dalton Bates leading the charge with a 2nd place finish in the Triple Jump and hitting a PR for the year, and the boys 4×400 of McGrath, Younse, Froelicher, and Mayer pushed out a 2nd place finish.
Congratulations to all the Camels who competed great last night!