Posted On: February 19, 2021
Posted By: Stuart Chowning
Welcome to the 2021 Camels Baseball season! As you may have guessed, this year is going to be a very different year. With that being said, we are going to make the very best of the circumstances and have a fantastic season (and are happy to have the chance to have a season at all!). There will be many guidelines put in place that we MUST follow. I know that there will be some of you that may not agree with those guidelines, however, despite what your stance is on any of these guidelines, we must follow the rules set forth by Campbell County High School and the KHSAA to ensure that the boys have as successful of a season as possible.
Please have your boys login to the Google Form link below and sign up so we can make necessary arrangements for tryouts. This form will only work if signed in by your child on his school account.
With tryouts and practices coming up in the next couple of weeks, times will be sent our for the week of tryouts. The following guidelines must be kept in mind:
- The boys are NOT allowed to stay after school and hang out in the locker rooms to wait for the start of practice.
- Players must be dropped off no more than 10 minutes BEFORE the start of practice.
- Players must have a mask on and be checked in by the coach at the established check in table just outside of the practice location. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL YOUR SON HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY CHECKED IN FOR PRACTICE). If you arrive before check-in, parents, you must stay in your vehicle until they have been checked in. Please do not get out and congregate with other parents or players.
- We urge the kids not to carpool with other kids outside of their household (to decrease the possibility of potential COVID spread)
- All students must wear a mask to and from their vehicles and will not be permitted to stand in groups and should practice social distancing at all times.
- Parents, please be sure to be at practice 5 minutes prior to the end of practice time. Practice time is limited and we are on a tight time crunch to get everyone in and out of the facility safely. During the first week players will be dismissed as evaluations are completed. They will be calling and dismissed when their parent arrives.
I’m sure there will be more guidelines implemented as we move through tryouts, practice and the season. Our goal is again to ensure that the boys get to enjoy this season as much as possible. There will be some ups and downs and some setbacks, however, we’re looking forward to gathering as a team once again!!!
Head Baseball Coach
(859) 635-4161 ext. 6312
, General News
Connect with Stuart at email@example.com