Posted On May 9, 2016 | By Toni McKee
Congratulations to Gracie Florimonte for qualifying for the Kentucky Dream Mile in Louisville on Friday. Gracie finished 8th (she was ranked 15th) with a time of 5:15, setting a new school record, and becoming the fast Freshman Miler in the state! Watch it here: http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/235146/coverage#.VzBptCEucSl
In the Freshman Region Friday night, the Camels competed well!
Congratulations to Conner Geiman for getting 4th in discus, and 5th in shot. Also, Congratulations to Josie Daffron for finishing 5th in the 1600 meter run and hitting a PR in the process!
Area 5 meet Saturday:
The Running Camels competed in the Area 5 meet Saturday. Some great performances for the day, showing that we are in the right place for our times. Highlights:
- Becca Cline- 1st in 300 meter Hurdles and 100 meter hurdles
- Kayla Kavanaugh- 2nd in the 400 meter run and 800 meter run
- Sidney Reagor- 2nd in the 3200 meter run, and 3rd in the 1600 meter run
- Kaylee Johnson-3rd in the discus
- 4×400 meter relay of Cline, Reagor, B. Rust, and Kavanaugh- 3rd. Overall the Lady Camels finished 3rd.
In the boys’ meet, the Camels finished 4th. Highlights included:
- Parker Younse: 2nd in the 400 meter dash
- Caleb Lacy: 3rd in the High Jump
- Dalton Bates 2nd in Triple jump
- Damien Blades: 2nd in Pole Vault.
Great job Camels!